#Entertainment

 Here are some 15 choreography tips that'll help you make the best piece you can!

1. Focus on one section

Hone in on the section that you can see that perfect move or combo and branch out from there.

Or, break up the choreography into pieces (known as 'chunking') and just choreograph a little bit every day.

2. Budget your time

Give yourself a set schedule to choreograph – like a full week with two hour intervals.

Don't just say "I'll choreograph later" every day and expect the piece to magically make itself.

3. Understand the music

Understand the song completely. The lyrics, meaning, beats, etc. I find myself stuck a lot when I would rush to choreograph to a song I barley listened to. But when I choreograph to a song that I connect with or know very well, my movements are more natural and carefree.

– Gina Hong


4. Do you

Be yourself! Don't focus on what's cool, but more on what feels good to you. The purpose of choreographing is to show your art and creativity.

– Devin Pornel


5. Collaborate with others

Working with other people to create a piece is one of my favorite things to do. You’ll be surprised by what you can learn from another person’s creative process.

– David Lee

Not sure how? Read this: How To Collab With Someone To Make A Piece

Comments

Post a Comment